Old January 2nd 07, 08:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] patrick1971@gmail.com is offline

Default Happy New Year... & thanks for getting me there and back!

Mizter T wrote:
It's all, IMO, a welcome change from the old negative official attitude
that abounded during NYE in London.

Indeed. I was at a party in Islington, got to Angel station at about
1.30am, only had to wait 2 minutes for the southbound tube; everything
seemed to be working fine. Only two flies in the ointment:

1. All the trains towards south east London from London Bridge left in
two very short periods - from approx xx08 to xx20, and then xx38 to
xx50. I just made the xx50, but I was just wondering why South Eastern
didn't space them out a bit better.

2. Why were passengers not allowed to board at Waterloo East station?
It's more than large enough, with exits at both ends, to handle fairly
large crowds, I'd have thought.

Patrick