Old January 2nd 07, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
congokid congokid is offline

Default Happy New Year... & thanks for getting me there and back!

In article , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes

Some of us are only just starting our New year celebrations.

Happy New Year!

I second that, and add my thanks to LU staff on the night.

I and my friends, together with their 13 and 8 year old kids, went to
Victoria Embankment and watched the amazing firework display, though the
long wait eventually tired out the 8-year-old and she was taken home
around 10.30. We'd narrowly avoided the earlier heavy showers, so it was
good that they held off for our entire stay at the riverside.

Later, the walk to Victoria helped get the circulation going again and
after a 20 minute or so wait outside the tube station while access was
controlled to prevent overcrowding, and a squeeze to get to the
platform, we were sitting on a train to Earls Court. As we disembarked
here our Wimbledon service rolled in. Home before 2am, which I thought
was very good in the circumstances.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...