Old January 2nd 07, 06:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Is Edinburgh on the Tube?

In message , Tim Roll-Pickering
writes

Jonathan Morton wrote:

The one about the May Day demonstration is permissible. After all,
so-called "May Day" isn't usually on the first of the month - and at the
Universities May Week is in June.

Is it? I've never noticed a "May Week" at any of the universities I've been
at.

AFAIR, only Cambridge has a "May Week" - originally in May, before the
exams, but now in June after exams. Even there, some colleges prefer
"June event" to the more traditional "May ball". The Oxford equivalent
is the Commem. ball.
--
Paul Terry