Old January 3rd 07, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Crouch End to PRO Kew

wrote:
We are two American academics are thinking of renting an apartment on
Albert Mansions St. in Crouch End for the summer. We will not have a
car. Could anyone be so kind as to give me an honest sense of the
difficulty or ease of transport to the Public Records Office in Kew,
where we will need to travel daily for reseacrh purposes? I see that
the closest underground stations seem to be Highgate and Finsbury. We
have mobility issues, so walking a mile is not an option. Are buses to
the stations frequent and/or reliable? Thank you very much for any
advice.

The W7 bus goes every 6 minutes during the day from Dickenson Road
(c300m from Albert Mansions) .

It will either take you the c2km to Finsbury Park Underground station
(then get the Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith for a cross-platform
change onto the District Line to Kew Gardens) - or you can get off
after c500m at Crouch Hill National Rail station (then get the
Silverlink Metro to Gospel Oak for a change onto another Silverlink
Metro train to Kew Gardens).

Either route will take about 1h15m in total. The Silverlink route takes
slightly longer during the day, but avoids a potentially long bus
journey down the congested Stroud Green Road at rush hours.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org