Old January 3rd 07, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Crouch End to PRO Kew

In message om,
writes

We are two American academics are thinking of renting an apartment on
Albert Mansions St. in Crouch End for the summer. We will not have a
car. Could anyone be so kind as to give me an honest sense of the
difficulty or ease of transport to the Public Records Office in Kew,
where we will need to travel daily for reseacrh purposes? I see that
the closest underground stations seem to be Highgate and Finsbury. We
have mobility issues, so walking a mile is not an option.

If walking is an issue, do bear in mind that it is about one-third of a
mile from Kew Gardens station to the PRO, with no bus service. You may
do better to say on the train one more station, to Richmond, and then
take bus R68 (frequency about every 15 minutes) to Kew Retail Park -
although this means a little "doubling back" and extra time, the bus
terminates very close to the entrance of the PRO.

But as others have pointed out, it is quite a long way from Crouch End
to Kew - if you want to stay close to the PRO, the following website may
be of help:

http://www.kewaccommodation.com/

--
Paul Terry