Old January 3rd 07, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Brick Lane

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Earl Purple wrote:

congokid wrote:
In article 5, Tristán
White writes

What do you think of the petition by Brick Lane residents and shop and
restaurant owners to get Aldgate East renamed "Brick Lane" to boost
the area. Having lost Shoreditch station, they're getting a bit of a
rum deal at the moment.

Do they have much of a hope?

Didn't residents of West Hampstead once petition to have Kilburn
station renamed 'Mapesbury'? I don't see why Brick Lane residents would
have better luck.

Brondesbury would be a better name as the BR station is pretty much next
door.

Or, using the road name method, Shoot Up Hill. I'm sure West
Hampsteadovians would be happy about that!

tom

--
If the truth can be told so as to be understood, it will be believed.