Old January 3rd 07, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Crouch End to PRO Kew

Tom Anderson wrote:

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 wrote:

Thank you very much. This is incredibly helpful. Now for the dilemma --
pay 2X as much to stay in a tiny flat in the North End (or some more
centrally located spot), or accept the cost and time of the commute.

Since the North End is in Boston, i would have thought that would be an
even longer commute!

Or is there a North End in London somewhere? The existence of a North End
Road in Earl's Courtish suggests so, but i've never heard it used as a
placename.

At first I thought they were speaking of the North End Road in the
vicinity of Earls Court, but perhaps it's the big North End Road in
Golders Green, or the nearby little road merely named 'North End'
(streetmap -
http://tinyurl.com/ykcode), or one of several similarly
named roads.

My other thought was whether our esteemed academics are merely adapting
the West End/ East End naming convention so there would also be the
North End and the South End - a concept that has never crossed my mind
before!

Perhaps they would care to clarify of which North End they speak?!