Old January 3rd 07, 09:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Is Edinburgh on the Tube?

In message , Chris
Johns writes
On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Nick Pedley wrote:

As some of you may be aware I work on that big white wheel in central London
and part of the job includes answering questions as best as we can. Trouble
is that some of them are, well, tricky*.....

"What side of the river is Westminster Bridge?"
"Why don't you put a clock up on a big tower so people can see the time?"
"It's one o'clock. Why did the bell only ring once?"
"I never knew Paris was so close to London that we could see the Eiffel
Tower from the top of the wheel!"
"Do those boatrides take you on the river?"

I wonder how many times the tourist information centre in Leeds gets
asked "how do I get to the castle?"

That used to come up as a Tourist Board exam question every few years.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk