Old January 3rd 07, 09:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Is Edinburgh on the Tube?

In message , JNugent
writes
John Rowland wrote:
Mark Goodge wrote:

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:22:16 -0000, Nick Pedley put finger to keyboard
and typed:

"I never knew Paris was so close to London that we could see the
Eiffel Tower from the top of the wheel!"

At the risk of asking another tricky question, what is it that they're
seeing that prompts this remark?

The Blackpool Tower, of course!
(Actually, Crystal Palace television transmitter.)

It had to be.

Did they ask why there were two of them?

I was about to post exactly that, which I've had once.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk