Old January 4th 07, 09:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Is Edinburgh on the Tube?

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:01:10 -0000, "Peter Masson"
wrote:

[1] There was interavailability between BR and East Kent Road Car Co Ltd,
and BR and Southdown Motior Services Ltd for journeys between London and
various towns served by those two bus companies.

Also between towns outside London. My recollection is that we had a
road/rail inter-available ticket between Rye and Hastings back in the
1950s. ISTR that you issued an Exchange ticket on the bus, and had to
pay a supplement on the train. I never issued one, however, although I
did issue the circular return which was available on the M&D 30
service via Udimore on many occasions.
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society