Old January 5th 07, 05:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
chunky munky chunky munky is offline

Default Train drivers

Train Doctors are the ones that are based in the Line Control Rooms and
are same same grade as other Infraco Train Technicians.

You echo the view of many staff about the full colour pages of the
Traffic Circular - A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY, there are 51 print runs a
year of at least 10,000 probably more.
Having said that the EWSA (Engineering Works and Safety Arrangements)
has had colour pages for ages and has a similar print run.

James Farrar wrote:

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 00:36:02 +0000, Steve Fitzgerald ]
wrote:

Train Doctor

You can't possibly be telling me that's an official term...

Incidentally, I saw a member of staff clutching a Traffic Circular on
my way into work this evening - complete with full colour front cover.
Now, I don't see these things very often (3 in ~9 years when they've
been abandoned in trains) and it's a while since I've seen one, but I
do have to wonder how long this has been going on, and quite how much
it costs for something utterly unneccessary.