Old January 5th 07, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Ticket advice needed - Southeastern trains

Paul Weaver wrote:
Tomorrow (Friday) I've got to travel into Waterloo East from Headcorn
with Southeastern. I've got a Z1-4 travelcard on my Oyster so I wanted

Elmstead Woods.

Doesn't the train need to stop there for that to be valid? (otherwise
buy a Headcorn-boundry Z4)

No, because a Travelcard is a season ticket and not (as you might
expect) a PTE ticket. And you can only buy tickets *from* BZn, not *to*
BZn...

(when I visit my family in Guildford and stay overnight, I can buy a
BZ2 - Guildford single on the way out, if I can be bothered to face
the queues at Waterloo ticket office, but need to buy a Guildford -
Clapham Junction ticket on the way back. Which works even on the fast
trains that avoid CJ).

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org