Old January 5th 07, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Train drivers

In message , James Farrar
writes

Train Doctor

You can't possibly be telling me that's an official term...

Oh no, but then the railway runs on TLAs and slang terms!

Incidentally, I saw a member of staff clutching a Traffic Circular on
my way into work this evening - complete with full colour front cover.
Now, I don't see these things very often (3 in ~9 years when they've
been abandoned in trains) and it's a while since I've seen one, but I
do have to wonder how long this has been going on, and quite how much
it costs for something utterly unneccessary.

You know, funny you should say that. The self same comment was made in
the mess room when they introduced them. They've been about for around
2 months now.