Old October 15th 03, 03:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Above or Below Ground???

"CMOT TMPV" wrote in message
t...
Is there somewhere online I can find out which tube stations are

underground
and which are above ground?

Underground sections of deep tube lines (all sections are inclusive, i.e.
named stations are underground):

Bakerloo: Elephant to Kilburn Park
Central: Mile End to Shepherds Bush, also Wanstead to Gants Hill
Jubilee: Swiss Cottage to North Greenwich
Northern: South Wimbledon (via Bank or Charing Cross) to Highgate or
Hampstead
Piccadilly: Earls Court to Bounds Green, also Southgate, also Hatton Cross
to Hatton Cross via Heathrow. Whether Hounslow West is below ground is
debatable.
Victoria: all
Waterloo & City: both stations are in tunnel.

There are tunnels with no station in them between the following open-air
stations: between Stratford and Leyton, and between Hendon Central and
Colindale.

Between Hounslow West and Hatton Cross the trains are above ground briefly
to pass over the River Crane.

I'll let someone else do the 5 subsurface lines...

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped