Old January 7th 07, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Liverpool Street to Heathrow

Tom Anderson wrote:

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, Tristán White wrote:

"Brian Watson" wrote in news:50cd01F1fjn7pU1
@mid.individual.net:

I have to do this trip on Thursday morning after 9am.

Our survey (of the TfL Journey Planner) says: Circle/H&C to Paddington,
then Heathrow Express to Heathrow, taking 40-odd minutes. If you ask for
a no-NR route, you get the Central/Picc route via Holborn, which is
predicted to take 70 minutes.

I think Central line to Holborn, then Piccadilly out to Heathrow
looks quickest and easiest.

Yes, definitely. You may get there marginally (and only marginally)
quicker
if you go to Paddington (Circle/H&C) and then the Heathrow Express,

How about Central to Ealing Broadway, then Heathrow Connect to the
airport? JP puts that at 60-65 min. Slower than the HX, not
significantly faster than the tube, but it works with travelcards and it
avoids a change at Holborn - you have to go over a bridge at Ealing, i
think, but it'll be easier than finding your way through a maze of
twisty little interchange passages, all alike, and should be less busy.
I'm not sure what the frequency of the HC is, though - that 60-65 min
might be based on an optimistic assumption about making a connection.

Travelcards are only valid on Heathrow Connect as far as to Hayes &
Harlington. The single fare from there on to Heathrow is then £4.90.
From Ealing Broadway it is £5.50:
http://www.heathrowconnect.com/default.aspx?pageid=44

Even though Heathrow Connect only takes 20 minutes to the airport from
Ealing Broadway it might take longer time than with the Piccadilly Line
from central London because the Heathrow Connect only runs every 30
minutes (11 and 41 minutes past hours from Ealing Broadway). If the OP
goes for this Ealing Broadway route I would certainly recommend some
kind of plan B if he arrives at Ealing Broadway and just misses a
Heathrow Connect train. I would then suggest any westbound train that
calls at Hayes & Harlington and then the 140 bus from there to the
airport. But this only in case of missed Heathrow Connect train.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451