Old October 15th 03, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nigel Pendse Nigel Pendse is offline

Default Above or Below Ground???

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
"Simon Clarke" wrote in message
om...

O - Overground
U - In a cutting between and adjacent to two sections of 'Cut and
Cover' line (e.g. Bayswater).
C - 'Cut and Cover' (Or shallow excavation e.g. Hatton Cross)
T - 'Tube' (or deep excavation, e.g. North Greenwich)

Are you sure Hatton Cross is cut-and-cover? It's quite deep, and
there would be no obvious reason to cover it.

I think that, like many modern stations, it was built as an open box and
then roofed over. The running tunnels count as "T", but I suppose the
station itself is "C".