Old January 8th 07, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Londoncityslicker Londoncityslicker is offline

Default Parking near the M3 to get the tube

Kev wrote:
Flash Wilson Bristow wrote:

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 22:31 +0000 (GMT Standard Time), Paul Cummins
wrote:
A friend is coming into London via the M3 and wants to park on the
outskirts and get the tube in. It would be on a Tuesday afternoon.

If he's on the M3 corridor, he's better off coming in by train from
Southampton/Winchester/Basingstoke/Farnborough - cheaper parking too.

He's in the middle of Somerset, and giving a lift to the person who
would normally run him to the station, I suspect. I think he's
already considered and discounted train, although he'd use it if
he was on his own for this journey.

--
Flash Wilson Bristow - Web Design & Mastery - 07939 579090
Work: www.wdam.co.uk Personal: www.gorge.org

I used to work with somebody who drove from the Bagshot area and parked
near Morden station.

Kevin

The M3 ends in Sunbury. Quite a way from any tube station.
However, SWTrains links are good.
Sunbury station is just by the M3 junction but trains are less frequent
and take longer.
Feltham Station has fast trains into London Waterloo. Take about 35
minutes.

Go a little further and the M3 merges turns into the A316.
Whitton, Twickenham and Richmond stations are nearby and will get you
into Waterloo.
Richmond will also plug you into the tube network. But it's faster to
get SWT into Central London.

You how long you are staying and at what times od day and day. But
parking will be quite expensive in Richmond or Twickenham for long
durations.