Old January 8th 07, 08:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Most scenic route on the tube?

Richard J. wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

(snip)

Of course if you walk it you'll be treated to some great view over
the river as you cross one of the two Hungerford Millennium
footbridges.

They're not Millennium bridges. You're perhaps thinking of that
interesting suspension bridge downstream. The bridges are officially
the Golden Jubilee Bridges.

Of course they are, your correction is appreciated. Though I am
thinking of the pair of Hungerford footbridges and not the
no-longer-wobbly Millenium Bridge.

I'm pretty certain they have some Millennium connection - were they not
a Millennium project, funded by the Millenium Commission?

However for reasons unknown my memory suggests that they were once
given the provisional moniker of the "Hungerford Millennium Bridges"
and were renamed to the Golden Jubilee Bridges given that they were
late for the Millennium. Given that I can find scant reference to
support this it seems I must have made it up.