Old October 15th 03, 01:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Lyndhurst Road station - petition

Ben Nunn wrote:
If anyone is interested, I set up a petition to get the historic and
proper station name reinstated.

http://www.petitiononline.com/lyndhurs/petition.html

I.e. You want Ashurst (New Forest), a station at Ashurst in the New Forest,
to revert to its historic name of Lyndhurst Road, Lyndhurst being a place 2
or 3 miles down the said road. I agree that the old name is "historic", but
in what sense is it "proper"? I would have thought "former", "outdated",
"misleading", "confusing" might be more appropriate.
--
Richard J.