Old January 9th 07, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Projector adverts

In message , Chris
Hills writes
wrote:
I read somewhere I cannot remember where but they were going to put
projector adverts at tube stations? Do you know when they are doing this and
at which tube stations?

They've had them for years at QVB station (Sydney CBD). They also used
to show news and weather.

Circular Quay Station had them in 2001, too. I hated the idea, just as
much as I hate the "on train" TV of which Central Trains seem so proud.

I would like to see that in London but I
expect it isn't as much of a revenue source as advertising.

That said, I'm not sure we're talking about he same thing on this
thread. The once on escalators are basically plasma "moving" versions of
the ubiquitous escalator ads which have been around for almost as long
as the Tube. But we may be talking about actual "programmes" (as
opposed to just animated posters for want of a better word) on
platforms.

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK