Old January 10th 07, 12:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Most scenic route on the tube?

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
Richard J. wrote:

wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

Although between Chalfont & Latimer and Chesham its the longest
gap between two stations. And the shortest I think is between
Herons Quays and Canary Wharf.

Herons Quay to Canary Wharf may be on the Underground map but it
ain't on the Underground.

Ok then whats the shortest distance on the Underground?

Leicester Square to Covent Garden, 0.16 mile (0.26 km).

Enbankment to Charing Cross on the Northern Line can't be much
longer either, but I don't know how far it is.

According to Clive Feather's site
http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/ ,
it's also 0.26 km to the nearest 10 metres. The LU site says that
Leicester Square to Covent Garden is the shortest.
--
Richard J.