Old October 15th 03, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ben Nunn Ben Nunn is offline

Default Lyndhurst Road station - petition

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Kat ), in
message who said:
"Ben Nunn" wrote in message
If anyone is interested, I set up a petition to get the historic and
proper station name reinstated.

http://www.petitiononline.com/lyndhurs/petition.html

It would cause far too much confusion and cost too much; I'd prefer
to see money going to improve other aspects of the service...

The renaming in the first place would've cost needless money too.

I'd settle for an 'organic' renaming - as signage and timetables are
replaced, the name can evolve back to what it used to be.

(Of course, most people still seem to call it Lyndhurst Road anyway, which
makes it more confusing for visitors.)

'Redbridge, Totton, Lyndhurst Road, Bealieu Road, Brockenhurst, Sway, New
Milton, Hinton Admiral, Christchurch, Pokesdown and Bournemouth'

I always feel that having two successive 'road's is somehow aesthetically
satisfying. So much more pleasing to the ear than 'Ashurst New Forest'.

BTN