Old January 10th 07, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave A Dave A is offline

Default The new service pattern on the Circle and H&C lines

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, asdf wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:07:54 -0000, John Rowland wrote:

Personally I dont see why the Met line has to run to Barking?

Because at the moment, the Met trains empty out in one direction and
fill up in the other. It's better to have them filling up with new
people as the old ones get out.

And by swapping the eastern destinations of the Met and H&C, exactly
the same thing happens with the H&C...

But the Met east of Baker Street has 120 carriages per peak hour,
whereas
the H&C has something like 48 carriages per peak hour.

But if 15 Met tph are to head through Aldgate East, some Districts
will have to be cut back to Tower Hill (and/or Mansion House) to make
room, which just shifts the same situation onto those Districts.

No, because the Mets replace H&Cs.

asdf has a point - the current H&C service is only 8tph. If all 15tph
Met go to Barking, then 7tph will have to be removed from the District
service - I imagine that demand for services along the southern Circle
is higher than for the northern Circle.

Perhaps 7tph from the Met will terminate at Aldgate alongside 8tph from
the new H&Circle service.

Trying to get my head around this service pattern is as difficult as the
multitude of proposals for the North London Railway.

--
Dave Arquati