Old January 10th 07, 09:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

"Jonathan Morris" wrote in message
oups.com...

To keep on topic, I'd like to see FCC sign up. I see Chiltern has
signed up (is it for the whole of their network?). In the long run, I
look forward to a standardised smartcard that will work outside of Zone
6 too.

Bear in mind one of the reasons the TOCs didn't go for Oyster is that the
government was pushing a different standardised smartcard (ITSO format),
and Oyster wasn't compatible with it.

Don't know what the current deal is on interoperability for smartcards,
though I think in the new SWT franchise for example they are not compelled
to introduce 'Oyster' as such, only a smartcard.

Paul