Old October 15th 03, 04:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Why the piccadilly to Heathrow , why not the District?

(Boltar) wrote the following in:

Something I was wondering the other day , when the extension to
Heathrow airport was built why didn't they re-extend the district
line to Hounslow and beyond and divert the piccadilly to ealing?
Why? Because district trains are much bigger and so they would
have been much more room for passengers and their luggage rather
than the pokey little tube trains on the picc.

Was there a good reason for not doing this given the benefits it
would have entailed for passengers with luggage?

It may have been because the Piccadilly skips a few stations that the
District stops at between Earl's Court and the start of the Heathrow
section, so it's a bit quicker

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.