Old January 11th 07, 04:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Projector adverts

Ian Jelf wrote:

Circular Quay Station had them in 2001, too. I hated the idea, just as
much as I hate the "on train" TV of which Central Trains seem so proud.

I don't like CT's version, but I do like the Train-Infoscreen "silent"
version that is used on Hamburg's U-Bahn. It's a bit like a Powerpoint
presentation, and isn't at all disruptive, and (making it all the more
useful) it shows the next station information as well, together with a
nice picture of the station concerned.

To get back on thread, the same thing is shown by projector at Hbf-Sued
station, and isn't at all disruptive, nor in any way unpleasant. It's
been in use since at least 1999.

Neil