Old January 11th 07, 03:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jon Jon is offline

Default Cross-London Bus Transfer & Discount London Bus Pass

Mizter T wrote:

Nonetheless the Underground remains the best way to transfer between
many London termini, as buses will take longer for many such transfers,
may be similarly busy to the Tube and might prove a similar struggle
for those with cumbersome luggage. I predict more passengers will be
missing their connection once this cross-London bus ticket gets
introduced, perhaps helped along by some naive advice from a rustic
ticket office far far away from the realities of the big smoke!

A few years ago there was a circulat bus route linking all the main
London stations, using low-floor vehicles with loading ramps. It was
indeed slow. The idea was to serve travellers who needed ro-ro loading
for wheelchairs, prams, etc and so could not use the Underground at
all, although the service was open to all users. I think (someone here
may know better) that it disappeared for lack of customers. Perhaps few
wheelchair users make cross-London journeys or maybe most doing so
prefered a taxi transfer.

Jon