Old January 11th 07, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
On 11 Jan 2007 06:09:31 -0800, "Jonathan Morris"
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

Oh not again.

The problem won't go away by ignoring it!!

With thanks to the two posters who have commented already I'll make one
thing straight.

I post here for *fun* - this isn't my job or even an extension of it.

And most of the "serious" (albeit also "for fun") posters here realise
that, Paul.

Paul's contributions to the group are usually among the most informed
and interesting that we have; it's good to have someone with a degree
of inside knowledge on how systems were developed and why things are as
they are. Indeed, one of the strengths of utl is that it attracts a
variety of people with an amazing range of knowledge that usually makes
for interesting discussions. Other Usenet groups I've been involved
with have deteriorated over the years, while this one still seems to be
both interesting and useful.

hope I add something to the group by commenting or sharing information.

You do!

If people are going to expect more from me than I can ever hope to
deliver - and it's happened once before - I'll simply have to go. (Don't
all cheer at once!).

As you'll no doubt have gathered by now, that's the last thing that
anyone here would want, whatever their views on individual subjects.

While I'm sure it would be lovely to imagine that I'm personally
accountable for everything that happens on LU I'm afraid I'm not.

If it makes you feel better, I recently posted that being "face to face"
with visitors makes me personally responsible for every conceivable
issue in London. And quite a number of inconceivable ones to boot.

So I know how you feel!

Keep posting Paul; utl is the richer for it.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk