Old January 11th 07, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross Thameslink and London Terminals

In article , (Dave A)

*Subject:* Kings Cross Thameslink and London Terminals
*From:* Dave A
*Date:* Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:12:36 +0000

Sky Rider wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
For example a ticket issued to Farringdon cannot be used to

Kings Cross
Thameslink even though the fare will be the same.

Not according to FCC's online ticket site. A CDR from LTN to
Farringdon will cost £11, but a CDR from LTN to Kings Cross
Thameslink will cost £12! For some reason when I try City
Thameslink, Blackfriars or London Bridge, the site only quotes
both 1-day Travelcard fares.

How very messed up.

Cheap Day Single fares seem to be different by direction... for
example, Luton to KXTL (using a Young Person's Railcard) is 7.85
but KXTL to Luton is 8.20. CDR is 8.25. I got the same fares for
Blackfriars and St Pancras, but Farringdon was 8.20 to Luton and
7.20 from Luton (but it gave me 8.25 again for the CDR).

Standard Day Singles were different by direction to and from West
Hampstead Thameslink, but not to any of the other stations I tried.

Maybe the planner is a bit confused...

It certainly is. I was looking up times and tickets to Harrogate where
I'm going in March. At first I entered the wrong return date, making it
the same as the outward date. It offered me 5 outwards options with Saver
fares, four via Ely and one slightly higher via Stevenage (or not London)
I then corrected the return date, changing nothing else, and it only
offered me a Saver fare for the via Stevenage journey, though all the
return journey options were valid for savers.

WTF?

--
Colin Rosenstiel