Old January 12th 07, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Hillam Dave Hillam is offline

Default Cross-London Bus Transfer & Discount London Bus Pass

Ian Jelf wrote in uk.transport.london on Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:27:06
+0000 :
(to utl only)

Non-Londoners will often go to extreme lengths to avoid the Tube. In
my experience, most prefer taxis, even where a simple bus transfer (or
sometimes even a walk, depending on luggage, would suffice.

IME more visitors to London appear to have a mortal fear of getting on
a London bus. The main reasons I've been able to establish are a)
perceived as being far too slow and b) a fear of getting irretrievably
lost.

But I've known people new to London not to trust either, in one case
walking from Kings Cross to Knightsbridge and back...

--
hike
- a walking tour or outing, esp. of the self-conscious kind