Old January 12th 07, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

Mizter T wrote:
Paul has not AFAICS specifically stuck up
for the KX gates whatsoever - as he says himself, he was involved in
the development of their predecessor, the Mk1 slim gate. If you search
the archives you'll see that these new KX gates have not got a good
write up (I've no idea if the gates FCC has used on the GN are the
conventional Mk1 or the newer model as used at KX).

I think if you search the archives you'll see that I talked about it
before with Paul C, hence the 'not again' comment. I was led to believe
that Paul had been more involved than he was, but as I wasn't talking
in a professional journalist capacity (I am not working 24/7), perhaps
I didn't try and establish the real facts as hard as I should! Slap my
wrists by all means!

However, I am not having a go at Paul about the gates. I am not sure
why anyone should take a comment so personally - I didn't think he
designed or built them, nor installed them. I have used newsgroups
since the early 1990s and it's all about discussing things and sharing
opinions. People do, as a matter of course, disagree - but it's never
personal.

Jonathan