Old January 13th 07, 01:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default So much for the Oyster Revolution in London

"solar penguin" typed

Let's hope so. With a bit of luck we can can stop this stupid scheme
to con us into paying for faulty, unreliable cards that just swallow
your money and then break down!

I can't say I've had any trouble getting money/credit refunded when my
registered Oysters have failed.

The _real_ revolution will come when we rise up against those TfL
tyrants trying to force Oyster on us, and get rid of them once and for
all!

I accept that there are Big Brother aspects to Oyster I sometimes dislike.

I am just in the process of persuading my elderly parents (who have had
Freedom Passes for 10 years) that they should have Oyster cards for
early morning travel, guests and mislaid Freedom Passes. They will have
to familiarise themselves with the system. It seems entirely wrong that
they should pay TfL's punitive cash fares.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.