Old January 13th 07, 01:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Really? I thought it was run by GNER.

Seems unlikely as it was the station they used to launch the gates.
GNER aren't interested in gates, and FCC pointed out to me that the
chances of gating the other platforms at Kings Cross (only platform 8,
and possibly 1, being totally 'open' and unprotected) were minimal
because history says Intercity services aren't protected by gates.

Mind you, if First gets control of GNER then perhaps they'll have a
chance to change this (they would like to have gates at all platforms
as they do run services from more than just platforms 9-11). Bar Grand
Central, they would run all the services out of Kings Cross; but it's a
Network Rail owned station so I have no idea how it all works.

Jonathan