Old January 13th 07, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew P Jones Matthew P Jones is offline

Default Chiltern and Oyster

12 Jan 2007 -
Adrian wrote:
I forgot to mention that Chiltern does indeed accept Oyster PAYG from
Amersham (zone D) into Marylebone. However I'd suggest that this is
because it shares the route with the LU Metropolitan line, and British
Rail / Chiltern Railways and LU tickets have always (well, not always,
but for a good while) been interavailable between Amersham and
Marylebone/Baker Street - i.e. you can use the ticket of one company on
the services of the other. I should add that I don't know the detailed
history of this ticketing interavailability!

From the early 20th century the line from just past Finchley Road to
beyond Aylesbury was a joint line original operated by the Metropolitan
Railway and Great Central Railway. This joint arrangement has existed
in one form or another since then and the various organisations /
companies that succeeded the original joint operators have taken part.
Tickets have always been inter changeable. The pricing of tickets out
to Amersham follows the LU zonal structure, I would suggest the prices
of tickets out to Wycombe are not comparable, they seem more expensive
to me!

--
Matthew P Jones
www.ThisIsAmersham.com www.amersham.org.uk www.metroland.org.uk