Old January 13th 07, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default Chiltern and Oyster

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(TheOneKEA) wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
Thanks to Matthew, a poster on another thread, my attention has
been drawn to the following announcement by Chiltern Railways - I
will copy and paste for the sake of the record:

From http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/content.php?nID=4&ID=237

snip

What I want to know is why the opportunity to equip Wembley Stadium
with Oyster validators and ticket machines was not taken during
that station's reconstruction. It seems like such an obvious thing
to do that there must be some reason why it was not done.

The ITSO standards problem? The agreement that Oyster can co-exist with
ITSO-standard smartcards is quite recent.

I doubt it - Chiltern's services are so entangled with Oyster now that
it seems strange for them to hold out in such a fashion.

At the very least, I would suspect that there would be problems
expanding the current ad-hoc PAYG agreement for West/South
Ruislip-Marylebone to include Wembley Stadium, as AFAIK LU paper tickets
comparable to PAYG fares are NOT valid for that journey.

Considering the earbashing Chiltern gets about their lack of trains at
the Sudbury stations, making up for it by allowing Oyster PAYG travel to
and from Wembley Stadium (and later, maybe Northolt Park) would have
helped somewhat. Besides, the PR opportunity would surely be useful
("Chiltern Railways is first TOC to fully embrace Oyster").