Old January 14th 07, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Red London Tube to a Beach?

In article ,
() wrote:

On 14 Jan 2007 08:04:12 -0800,
wrote:

David Biddulph wrote:

Which of those have red trains today?

As far as I know, the only red multiple unit trains anywhere in the
Greater London area are SWT's refurbished class 455s, and they
aren't completely red, and they aren't underground trains either.

I did read somewhere that before 507s & 508s took over completely,
one of the LMS type Merseyside emus which had been painted into period
maroon livery, had been used in a film or TV drama to represent
prewar LT surface line stock.

http://www.alderneyrailway.com/eng-metro.htm

Very nearly, they sent the 1938 Tube Stock back...

"These vehicles have aluminium bodies and hopefully will survive the salt
air."

Oh dear! They have steel underframes. :-(

If they want all-ali they want a couple of 1983 stock cars.

--
Colin Rosenstiel