Old January 14th 07, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martyn dawe martyn dawe is offline

Default So much for the Oyster Revolution in London

In message .com,
solar penguin writes

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

"solar penguin" typed

Let's hope so. With a bit of luck we can can stop this stupid scheme
to con us into paying for faulty, unreliable cards that just swallow
your money and then break down!

I can't say I've had any trouble getting money/credit refunded when my
registered Oysters have failed.

You must have some really good local newsagents. Neither of the ones
near me could do anything to help when my card broke down!

It seems entirely wrong that
they should pay TfL's punitive cash fares.

If TfL just reduced the cash fares to a reasonable level, no-one would
need to bother with this stupid Oyster business in the first place!

How about ringing the help desk when u have trouble with your card
--
martyn dawe