Old January 15th 07, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Work to start on DLR from Canning Town to Stratford International

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Paul Scott wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

While we're on the subject, can trains from Stratford on the new route
head west at Canning Town,

No - the local topography prevents a connection in this direction

Surely all that'd be necessary would be to demolish the A13?

- trains south from Stratford will either go towards Beckton, or towards
KGV and eventually Woolwich (under construction now. Remember that the
existing line east from Stratford to Poplar and Lewisham is also having
major improvements to its platforms at Stratford, which will increase
capacity.

It still has a single-track section around Pudding Mill Lane, though,
doesn't it?

and can trains from the west head south at Poplar?

No, they have already headed south at Westferry...

Doh! I meant from the east. Looking on the goggly maps, the shadow of the
HSBC building makes it hard to say, but it looks like it would be
possible.

I was, as i think you guessed, wondering if the new route could replace
the old one, but it seems not. It would be a bit longer anyway, and would
mean the line up to Bow Church would look slightly silly.

tom

--
Yulava? Niob Yam!