Old January 15th 07, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default TfL by 2016

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:37:15 -0500, David of Broadway
wrote:

sweek wrote:

The Northern Line will hopefully be split by then, the Bakerloo
extended back to Watford Junction and the old Watford station would be
closed.

Thinking like a New Yorker he

If this happens, would it be possible for Bakerloo trains to be rerouted
up the Jubilee and Met to Watford Junction and then run back into
Central London on their regular route?

Unless Bakerloo line trains were equipped to work under the Alcatel
signalling on the Jubilee Line I can't see a normal daytime operation
being possible.

I continue to be boggled that LU has not mandated a single standard for
signalling systems.

Come to think of it, can trains be rerouted in this fashion anywhere
else?

I think there's some flexibility out west where the Picc and District run
together, BICBW.

Aside from relatively simple cases involving the Circle line, the only
example I can think of (and I don't know if this is possible) is to
divert a Piccadilly line train from Uxbridge down the Met, around most
of the Circle via Tower Hill, through Earl's Court, and back onto the
Picc at Hammersmith.

I don't know whether a Picc train would fit all the way round. [...] I
imaging Aldgate might be a little exciting with a train of 73 stock

So is the tube (or at least the Picc) loading gauge or kinematic envelope
or whatever the kids call it these days not strictly smaller than the
SSL's?

*looks it up*

Ah, no, TS73 is narrower but longer than C stock, so given a tight enough
curve, it will hang further out over the edge. Presumably, that means
current D stock also wouldn't enjoy going through Aldgate much.

tom

--
A plug on its back, straining to suck voltage from the sky