Old October 16th 03, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
dan dan is offline

Default Overnight Tube

(JDikseun) wrote in message . com...
Paul Weaver wrote in message ...
As I understand it, the tube has to be closed overnight because of
maintenance work. The NYC subway has 4 tunnel lines so they can be open
all night.

What about a limited service using just one track?

Is there a demand for all night services?

This kind of idea may explain something I've noticed on the Berlin
S-Bahn. Late at night the train I took was on the "wrong track" - i.e.
on the left rather than right side. It mystified me at the time, but
maybe this is why!