Old January 16th 07, 03:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

Default Travelcard pricing - is this really correct?

Londoncityslicker wrote:
Sam wrote:
Is this really right? Buying a travelcard with a train ticket costs
just £4.00 - better than the standard Travelcard price, and better
even than the Oyster pay-as-you-go capped price (which I believe is 50p
less than the equivalent Travelcard).

It's true.

Your ticket isn't to Liverpool street. Its to the edge of zone 6.
(whatever station that may be)
Then the 1-6 Travelcard takes over.

Got it - that explains things. Since posting my original message, I've
laboriously checked all the pricing options: if you don't have a
railcard, there's not much difference in it, but if you do, it's
generally always cheaper to get your Travelcard with your railcard
discount. Kinda makes sense.

Thanks,
Sam