Old January 16th 07, 05:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Annual Oyster and Photocard

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:56:46 -0000, "Sam" wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

Yes but first a question. What zones / travel is your Annual Oystercard
valid for? I can't see that info in your post and it is absolutely
vital.

I have been through the latest staff document for Fares and Tickets and
what is says is the following :-

A photocard is *not needed* to buy and use any Adult Rate Travelcard or
Bus Pass on Oyster.

A photocard *is needed* to buy or use :-

a) monthly or longer period Travelcards that include validity to a
National Rail station beyond Zones 1-6
b) monthly or longer period Tube only point to point season tickets
(between stations in Zones A-D) issued before 2/1/07 until expiry of
ticket.
c) 7 day, monthly or longer period National Rail only season
ticket.

I assume you are not entitled to a concessionary rate by virtue of age
or participation in the New Deal scheme as for these you must have an
Oyster Photocard?

Before you zap off your complaint an answer to the question I posed
would be very helpful.

As Liverpool St LU is managed as part of the Sub Surface Service
Delivery Unit then it will be SSL staff that you dealt with. I'm not
sure who the Revenue Protection Manager is for SSL these days.

Hi Paul

The ticket was a Zone 2 - 4 annual Travelcard, with £25 + of Pre Pay. The
ticket was bought from an LU ticket office starting on 01 Jan 2007. I have
no discounts such as New Deal applied to the Oyster.

The guy I spoke to on the phone was the SSL RPM.

Well given those details I certainly think you have grounds for
complaint. The only very slight mitigation - and it is slight - is that
there have been lots and lots of Oyster related changes over recent
months so some confusion could arise from that. However the
counterbalancing point is that revenue protection staff should know the
rules inside out and upside down if they're out there seeking to enforce
them. I hope you get a satisfactory outcome to your complaint via the
Customer Services Centre.
--
Paul C