Old January 16th 07, 06:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
PRAR PRAR is offline

Default Travelcard pricing - is this really correct?

DERWENT Travelcard pricing - is this really correct?
16 Jan 2007 06:55:03 -0800, "Sam"

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my head around some odd ticket pricing, and I
just wanted to check that what I'm seeing is correct. All of this
refers to off-peak one-day Travelcards.

If I buy a cheap-day return from, say, Sawbridgeworth in Hertfordshire,
to London Liverpool St, it costs £10.50. However, the same station
will sell me a ticket with a one-day Travelcard included for £14.50.
Hence it's cost me £4.00 for the Travelcard. But the cheapest I can
get a Travelcard from an UndergrounD station is £5.10 - and that's
just a Z1-2 card, whereas my National Rail one is Z1-6.

Is this really right?

Yes but you might be doing the doing the wrong comparison. Try
Swabridgeworth - Waltham Cross + Travelcard against Sawbridgeworth
Travelcard.

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/ and http://prar.fotopic.net/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. --Dick Cavett