Old January 17th 07, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default North East corner - Underground

"MIG" wrote in message
ups.com...

You may have been fooled by the shape of the Underground map into
thinking that the Central Line goes very far east. It is basically a
bit east of north (about as east as the Edgware branch is west), but
the map has to fill in that top right corner. It goes in a different
direction from trains into Liverpool Street until it joins up at
Stratford. Are you suggesting driving from Woodford to Ilford or
something?

Unlikely, but if my nearest Central Line station was, say, Newbury Park or
Barkingside I'd be highly likely to use Ilford instead.

I was thinking more of people who live farther out, who would have to drive
/somewhere/ to get onto the system. Given a choice, and assuming
near-equidistance, I'd rather drive to Shenfield/Harold Wood/Romford or
wherever than Epping or Hainault etc.

BTN