Old January 18th 07, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
sweek sweek is offline

Default c2c storms ahead with introduction of Oyster

(that is THEIR title for the article. I'm not trying to make a pun
about the weather here)

c2c, part of the National Express Group and the most punctual commuter
railway in the country is giving its customers something else to smile
about. From later this year Oyster pre-pay - already available at
c2c stations between Fenchurch Street and Upminster - will be extended
to Dagenham Dock and Rainham. But c2c's determination to improve
the travel experience for its customers does not stop there. The
company is already working with TfL to extend Oyster outside the London
area and plans to have it available at Purfleet, Grays, Chafford
Hundred and Ockendon by the summer of 2008.
Commenting on this exciting development c2c Managing Director Mark
Hopwood said: "We have accepted Oyster pre-pay on c2c since January
2005 between Fenchurch Street and Upminster. We have now agreed with
TfL to extend Oyster pre-pay to Dagenham Dock and Rainham as soon as
TfL is able to provide the necessary equipment. Meanwhile discussions
with TfL to extend this beyond the Greater London area boundary to
Grays via both Purfleet and Ockendon are well advanced.
"We very much welcome the convenience that Oyster offers our
customers and are pleased to be at the forefront of its development on
national rail in and beyond the greater London area."
Mayor Ken Livingstone said: "This is extremely good news and will
bring real benefits to the commuters who use these services. I welcome
c2c's decision to adopt Oyster at their stations allowing their
passengers to get the full benefit of Oyster including pay as you go.
"This represents a unique opportunity for passengers to benefit from
the convenience and cheaper travel available through Oyster, and a
fully integrated ticketing system in London."