Old January 18th 07, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default c2c storms ahead with introduction of Oyster

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:42:27 -0000, "tim....."
wrote:

"sweek" wrote in message
ups.com...
(that is THEIR title for the article. I'm not trying to make a pun
about the weather here)

TfL is able to provide the necessary equipment. Meanwhile discussions
with TfL to extend this beyond the Greater London area boundary to
Grays via both Purfleet and Ockendon are well advanced.

It would be interesting to know what the ODTC capping
arrangements are for this type of journey.

Does anyone know when we might find out.

No but complete and utter speculation might suggest the normal ODTC plus
out boundary return price less 50p.

Of more interest is whether there will be special pre-pay fares between
C2C stations or whether they start to do clever things with directional
pricing. Not sure what capability they purchased in their system but I
know from many years back that they were interested in those
possibilities as growing usage to fill contra peak or off peak trains
was seen as very important. The other element is whether you get
discounted TfL - C2C through fares for those destinations. I'm not sure
how that will fit around the rules in the Through Ticketing Agreement.

Still exciting times ahead.
--
Paul C