Old January 19th 07, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Work to start on DLR from Canning Town to Stratford International

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, John Rowland wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

and can trains from the [east] head south at Poplar?
Looking on the goggly maps, the shadow of
the HSBC building makes it hard to say

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...&scene=4268612

Hang on, those crossovers don't do anything to help trains on the outer
pair (from the east) get onto the central pair (to the south). Unless the
northern one is a scissors (there being an outer-to-inner crossover on the
up pair to the east) - i can't tell.

Such a service used to operate for much of the week. I can't remember
exactly, but I think it was between Tower Gateway and Beckton via a
reversal at Canary Wharf.

Suppose it must be, then!

tom

--