Old January 19th 07, 08:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
brixtonite brixtonite is offline

Default Oyster Prepay and YP railcard

Mizter T wrote:

Oyster PAYG fares are already cheaper than their equivalent cash/paper
ticket fares, and it seems highly likely that the Oyster PAYG fare
table used on LU will be adopted without any changes on National Rail
once TOCs start accepting it (at least for journeys within the six
London zones - both Chiltern and c2c are looking to utilise Oyster PAYG
for at least part of their routes outside the zones, but how such
journeys will be priced is unclear at present).

Do you expect that all national rail services will eventually use
similar fares to current PAYG fares? This would be amazing if it
happened! Since I have a zone 1-2 travelcard, the great advantage of
PAYG for me is that any journey not including zone 1 costs just £1.80,
or £1 at weekends. In comparison the new zonal fares for national
rail go up to £3.10 for a Z2-Z6 journey.