Old January 20th 07, 09:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mystery Flyer Mystery Flyer is offline

Default No online information during storms

Ken Ward wrote:
"Neil Spellings" wrote in message
.. .
I'd like to congratulate National Rail, Transport for London, Southern
Trains and the BBC for all failing to provide any kind of up-to-date
travel information on station closures during the storms on Thursday.

LARGE SNIP
Trumping them all was the BBC London travel website, which listed "no
current problems reports" on the railways!

Slightly unfair on the BBC. They do after all get their info second hand
from the TOC's.

And the travel reports on BBC London 94.9 were extended, comprehensive
and accurate and quite entertaining if reading all the station names
quickly without making errors is a sport.

Agree about nationalrail.co.uk - I checked it closely to find "we have
no information" and "there is a problem with the system" messages
galore. I trudged to the station (Effingham Junction) to find a small
note on the door saying "There are no trains, If you find a way to
complete your journey apply for compensation"

sigh. I guess it was the "wrong kind of storm"

mysteryflyer