Old January 20th 07, 12:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default North Weald

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

wrote:

Looking at North Weald on
http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/ I didnt
realise how rural the station was, I always thought Chesham and Amersham
were the most rural but seeing the pictures it was clearly not the case.

How is Chesham rural? It's just a few hundred metres from the town centre.

And Amersham doesn't feel very rural either - both towns are within easy
walking distance even if there are those lovely woods next to the line.

Which begs the question as to whether any LU station can be defined as
rural? I'm racking my brain but to be honest I can't think that any
station really fits the bill - well not these days at least!